Crossrope Q&A: All of Your Jump Rope Questions Answered0 Comments
Do you have questions about jump rope training or Crossrope?
Whether you're a beginner, an advanced jumper, or somewhere in between, you likely have some questions around getting started and whether Crossrope is the right investment for you.
In this post, we asked our community of over 75,000 jump rope enthusiasts to see what their most pressing questions were. Then we did our best to answer them.
Full list of jump rope questions
- Is jumping rope right for me?
- I'm new to jumping rope. Where should I start?
- Why are weighted ropes better than lighter ropes?
- How can I add jump rope to my training routine?
- What makes Crossrope different?
- How do I choose the set that is right for me?
- How do I choose the size that is best for me?
- What set is ideal for double unders?
- How do I get your jump rope app?
- What's a simple way to count my jumps?
Let's get started.
1. Is jumping rope right for me?
We feel that everyone can benefit from jumping rope.
But if you're not sure if jumping rope is right for you, here’s a quick snapshot of some of the common jump rope benefits. If any of them sound appealing, jumping rope is for you.
- Boosted fat burning: Research has shown that jumping rope can help you burn roughly 1,300 calories per hour and our case studies have proven it.
- Increased muscle engagement: With heavy jump ropes, you engage more muscle groups with every workout, leading to faster results.
- Improved cardio: jumping rope can raise your heart rate two to three times faster than other exercises and offer the same aerobic building benefits as running with less impact on the joints.
- Improved mental sharpness: jumping rope helps with the development of the left and right hemispheres of your brain, which further enhances spatial awareness, improves reading skills, increases memory and makes you more mentally alert.
- The fun factor: jumping rope is a fun way to achieve your fitness goals. It’s fun to work on new skills, like double unders and crossovers. It’s fun to be able to take it on the road and do your workouts anywhere. It’s fun to share with a partner.
- Fun workouts on the go: with our new jump rope app, you can take your jump rope workouts with you wherever you go. Let the world be your gym.
No matter what your age or fitness level, jumping rope can be a fun training option to help you achieve your fitness goals.
2. I'm new to jumping. Where should I start?
If you're just getting started with jump rope training, it's important that you take some time to learn the basic technique. We've prepared two helpful resources for you to dig into:
1. First, go through our comprehensive jump rope tutorial for beginners
2. Second, go through our beginner workshop on YouTube
Once you get through those and you feel comfortable with the basic jump, we've got a fun collection of jump rope exercises you can work on - everything from alternate foot jumps to boxer steps, to jump rope jacks.
Check out our full list of jump rope tutorials on YouTube or just watch them here:
3. Are weighted ropes better than regular ropes?
1. Weighted ropes are great for beginners.
If you've tried jumping before but got frustrated with trip-ups and mistakes, it was likely because your rope was too light and it made you feel uncoordinated. A heavier rope helps you slow down your rotation and the added feel makes it much easier to time your jumps.
It's the biggest difference new jumpers notice when they use a heavier ropes.
2. All benefits are amplified
When you use heavier ropes, all of the benefits are amplified. Your body needs to work harder to swing a 1 LB heavy rope than it does to swing a light rope. More muscles get engaged, you burn more calories in the same time, and you get more out of each and every jump.
The heavier the rope, the greater the resistance. And the greater resistance, the greater the muscle engagement
4. How can I add a jump rope to my training routine?
There are many ways you can add the jump rope to your routine.
You can use it for your warm-up routine to get you ready for your workouts. You can use it at the end of your current workouts as a finisher. You can use your light rope to tackle your weight loss goals or your heavy rope to tackle your strength goals.
The best way, however, is to download our free jump rope app and start doing the workouts. We've got lots of workouts and fitness challenges available.
To get started, join our jump rope fitness challenge today and discover the full power of jump rope training.
5. What makes Crossrope different?
Crossrope is more than just about crafting the best jump rope. We're on a mission to deliver a fun jump rope experience to our community and to inspire and motivate a new generation to have fun with their fitness again.
Our system of weighted jump ropes is designed to help you tackle your fitness goals. Our quick-change system allows you to change your ropes quickly and easily so you can keep your workouts fun, fresh, and effective.
Our lighter are great for weight loss and endurance workouts. Heavy ropes are great for building strength and power. Mix and match to achieve your greatest fitness goals.
But the experience goes beyond just the ropes.
Our system comes with our free jump rope app that gives you access to our fun tutorials and workouts right on your phone so you can take your workouts with you on the road. Our free jump rope challenges will arm you with the workouts you need to make the most of your ropes. And our amazing community of 70,000 jump rope enthusiasts will help you stay motivated and accountable to your goals.6. How do I choose the set that is right for me?
Our jump rope sets are designed to help you reach your specific fitness goals - whether it's losing weight, building strength, or improving your overall fitness.
Here's how we recommend choosing the right set -
Get Lean Set
Our Get Lean set is designed specifically to help you achieve your weight loss goals. This two-rope system is also great for beginners who are just getting started with jumping.
Get Strong Set
Our Get Strong set is designed to help you build strength and power. This heavy rope system is great for athletes and jumpers looking for a challenge.
Get Fit Bundle
The Get Fit bundle is designed to help you get lean and strong. It includes the Get Lean Set and Get Strong Set and is perfect if you're looking for a complete fitness solution to tackle your goals.
7. How do I choose the size that is best for me?
Our jump rope system comes in four standard sizes to accommodate your height - Small, Medium, Large, and Extra Large.
What if I'm in between sizes?
If you're fall between two sizes, here's a general rule of thumb: if you're a beginner, the larger size is preferable because it allows more room for error. If you are more experienced, then it comes down to preference, but the smaller size may be better as it will allow you to increase your speed and intensity.
If you need more help with your sizing, take a look our sizing help page.
What if I choose the wrong size?
We do our best to help you choose the right size so you can have the best jump rope experience from the outset. But if you happen to choose the wrong size, we'll be happy to exchange your size within 60 days.
See our returns and exchange policy here.
8. How do I Learn Double Unders?
The double under is challenging exercise, but a fun one to learn and add to your jump rope training routine.
To help you get started, we've put together a comprehensive double under tutorial to help you tackle it - read our double under guide.
Which jump rope set is best for double unders?
If you're looking to improve your double under game, a heavier jump rope set can be your greatest weapon.
We recommend the Get Lean Set which comes with our sleek white Slim handles, our green 1/4 LB jump rope, and our 1/2 LB jump rope.
Once you're ready to start crushing your double unders, you'll want to go with a fast speed and performance set. For that, take a look at our Bolt Set.
9. How do I get your jump rope app?
We have a free jump rope training app that you can download on your iOS or Android device. Through our app you'll be able to access fun workouts, tutorials, and challenges.
10. What's a simple way to count my jumps?
As you improve your jump rope skills and tackle some of our workouts and challenges, you'll want to learn how to count your jump rope repetitions efficiently.
We've put together a helpful video to show you some best counting practices -
We hope this short Q&A was helpful. If you still have questions, please leave them in the comments below and we'll make sure to add them to the list.
And if you're looking to jump in, join our 30-Day Jump Rope Challenge.