Quick 10 Minute Jump Rope Toning Workout (for Beginners)0 Comments
Want a quick jump rope workout to get you toned and in shape?
If you're looking for a fun way to get in shape, try adding this quick 10 minute jump rope toning workout to your training routine. It's a fun combination of jump rope and bodyweight exercises to get your muscles firing.
Ready to go?
Let's jump right into it!
Tools for this Workout
Here are the tools you're going to need for today's workout:
> Crossrope Get Fit Bundle - get the Get Fit Bundle (I'm using the 1/2 LB rope)
> A timer - use your smartphone or stopwatch
Pro Tip: The premium version of the Crossrope App features a jump counter and timer combination. You can keep track of your rotations to set and beat your personal records.
> Some space to jump - I'll be jumping outside in the park
The Get Fit Bundle comes with four ropes - 1/4 LB rope, the 1/2 LB rope, the 1 LB rope, and the 2 LB rope.
Note - the bundle is not mandatory for this workout, but a heavier jump rope will definitely provide better results.
Jump Rope Toning Workout
Today's 10 minute jump rope workout is built around the AMRAP workout protocol - we'll be aiming to complete As Many Rounds As Possible in a set time.
Here's your objective: set your timer to 10 minutes and complete as many rounds as you can of the following sequence of exercises:
- 50 basic jumps
- 20 slow squat jumps
- 50 jump rope jacks
- 20 slow cross-mountain climbers
Rest as needed but the timer doesn't stop until the 10 minutes are up. Mark down how many full rounds you completed in 10 minutes and come share it in our community to compare your results with other jumpers.
Watch this short video to check out my attempt at the workout:
Important tips and resources to keep in mind for this workout:
- If you're just getting started, take a look at out our complete jump rope guide for beginners - it covers everything you need to know to learn how to jump rope properly.
- Don't let mistakes hold you up. Brush them off and finish your set strong. For tips on how to avoid common beginner mistakes, check out this article.
- Also consider taking precautions to minimize your chances of injury while jumping rope by going through the tips in this article.
- We highly recommend using a jump rope mat to protect your joints and your ropes.
When you're finished, make sure to share your experience in our online community so you can see how you compare to others!
How did it go?
I'd love to hear how the workout goes for you.
Leave your results in the comments below or in our community. And if you really like it, give it some likes and shares as well. Good luck!