17 Ridiculously Good Fitness Quotes to Get You Up and Jumping0 Comments
Feeling like you’ve lost your fitness groove lately? Got a bad case of the plateaus?
Don’t worry — we’ve all been there. Low energy, busy schedules, and overgrown expectations are all relatable barriers that come between us and our workouts.
Lucky for you, we scoured the internet for the most inspiring, fire-under-the-butt, motivational fitness quotes that will have you jumping into high gear in no time.
Seriously… I had to squeeze in a quick jump rope cardio break halfway through writing this post, so it’s safe to say these fitness quotes work.
Be sure to bookmark this article and come back as often as you need to give yourself a boost with some awesome workout inspiration.
Here are our top fitness quotes!
1. “Fit is not a destination. It’s a way of life.”
If you want to achieve lasting results, exercise needs to become a part of your lifestyle and not a ‘lose weight quick’ plan. Overdoing it from the outset can cause major and make it harder to progress towards your goals. Slow and steady wins the race, always, but don’t forget to enjoy the journey.
2. “You don’t get the butt you want by sitting on it.”
Enough said. Get off the couch, now!
3. “Sweat is just fat crying.”
Making a person cry is mean. But making fat cry is incredibly satisfying.
4. “I regret doing that kickass workout.” Said no one. Ever.
So what’s stopping you? C’mon — you know you’ll feel so good about yourself after that workout!
5. “When in doubt, just keep jumping.”
Tripping over your ropes? Can’t quite seem to get those double unders right? Frustrated by fancy footwork? Don’t let that stop you! As long as you keep jumping, you’ll get results.
6. “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.”
Sometimes, you need to push yourself a little bit further.
Just finished a jump rope ladder workout that left you panting? Great job! Now, keep going.
When you think you’ve reached your limit, add three to five more minutes.
You’ve gotten this far, a few more minutes is attainable but challenging. Those extra minutes are what adds up to new personal bests that make you proud. Not to mention, each little nudge you give yourself, gets you to your long-term goals faster.
Remember, it’s not your body you need to convince it’s your mind.
7. “Keep your squats low and your standards high.”
Respect yourself and respect your grind.
8. “When I lost all of my excuses, I found all of my results.”
Losing things sucks... unless it’s pounds!
9. “Motivation gets you started. Habit keeps you going.”
When it comes to fitness success, consistency is everything.
Regardless of the activity you choose, you have to be consistent. You have to do it over and over again before you see any results.
Many of us start off the same way; we have tons of fitness motivation, but soon we find ourselves slacking off. It’s so important to create a fitness routine that supports habit formation.
If you need some pointers, check out this article that shares a few tips for creating healthy habits.
10. “Attract what you want by being what you want.”
When all else fails, fake it ‘til you make!
11. “When life knocks you down, do a burpee.”
Nothing humbles you more than a good burpee. Do two for good measure!
12. “You can train the same voice that says give up to say keep going.”
Don’t underestimate the power of positive self-talk when you’re on a fitness journey. Sticking to your commitments and staying consistent all comes down to how you talk to yourself, so make sure you’re hyping yourself up!
13. “Strive for progress, not perfection.”
It’s all about baby steps. No one becomes an expert overnight, and improvement is only achieved through lots and lots of practice.
14. I don’t have to workout, I get to workout.
Have an attitude of gratitude; be grateful that you are physically capable of pushing yourself to the limit.
15. “A decent method you stick to is better than a perfect method you quit.”
You don’t need to do what everyone else is doing, and your fitness routine or lifestyle doesn’t have to look like Instagram. If you find something that works for you, that’s all you need. Be different and go jump.
16. “Train insane or remain the same.
If you want big results, put in a big effort!
17. “Every day is a fresh start.”
If today just isn’t your day, that’s alright. Just make sure you kick ass tomorrow.
Rapid Fire Fitness Motivation Quotes!
- “But did you die?"
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
- “What seems impossible today will one day be your warm up.”
- “Sounds awful what time?”
- “It’s not about having time, it’s about making time.”
- “If you want something you never have, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
- “Effort is a choice.”
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
- “If you’re persistent you’ll get it. If you’re consistent you’ll keep it.”
- “You don’t have to go fast you just have to go.”
What’s Your Go-To Workout Inspiration?
There you have it! 17 inspirational fitness motivation quotes to get off the couch (hopefully you’re already halfway through a workout by now).
What are your favorite fitness quotes or weight loss motivation tips? Share in the comments section below, and feel free to make up your own fitness quotes!