10 Minute Jump Rope Endurance Ladder Workout for Beginners0 Comments
Want a great 10 minute jump rope workout to test your endurance?
In this jump rope workout we're going to focus on the ladder workout protocol which is great for building stamina and strength with your jump ropes.
Your objective will be to climb up the jump rope ladder as quickly as you can!
Ready? Grab your rope and let's do this.
Tools for this Workout
For this workout, you can use any rope that you want!
But for the best results, try jumping with a weighted rope like the 1 LB or 2 LB ropes which you can get through our Get Strong Set.
Jump Rope Ladder Protocol
The ladder protocol is great for building strength and stamina.
Here's how it works - you will be continuously alternating between two exercises, but here's the catch: one exercise will be increasing in reps each round while the other remains the same.
Our focus today will be on 2 exercises: basic jumps and mountain climbers.
Your goal is to get through as many rounds of the ladder as you can as quickly as you can in 10 minutes. See how far up the ladder you can go.
Start off with 10 basic jumps and 10 mountain climbers. On each of the subsequent rounds, you will increase the number of basic jumps by 10 while keeping the mountain climbers the same. Repeat for as many rounds as you can until the 10 minutes are up. Here's what the breakdown looks like:
- 10 basic jumps, 10 mountain climbers
- 20 basic jumps, 10 mountain climbers
- 30 basic jumps, 10 mountain climbers
- 40 basic jumps, 10 mountain climbers
- 50 basic jumps ...
Watch the video below to see my demonstration of one complete round:
- If you're just getting started, take a look at out our complete jump rope guide for beginners - it covers everything you need to know to learn how to jump rope properly.
- Don't let mistakes hold you up. Brush them off and finish your set strong. For tips on how to avoid common mistakes, check out this article.
- Also consider taking precautions to minimize your chances of injury while jumping rope by going through the tips in this article.
- We highly recommend using a jump rope mat to protect your joints and your ropes.
How did it go?
We'd love to hear how the workout went for you and your partner.
Leave your results in the comments below or in our private jump rope community. And if you really like it, give it some likes and shares as well. Good luck!